Love
Its tough to resist temptation. Sometimes you think - let's just succumb this time, and later I'll repent and ask for forgiveness.
But the problem with that is - if you play with fire, you get burned. There are no two ways about that. And sometimes the scars take a long long time to disappear.
What does it take to resist temptation? There's only one answer. Love.
I once heard a sermon where the preacher said Love is a person. His name is Jesus Christ. While I didn't understand it then, I do now. As I meander through this earthly life, I've realized that it is very hard to love. Family - yes, that's very easy. Friends - maybe some of them. But the rest of 'em all - oh dear!
What about loving God so much that for His sake we refuse to yield to temptation?
Is that possible?
But the problem with that is - if you play with fire, you get burned. There are no two ways about that. And sometimes the scars take a long long time to disappear.
What does it take to resist temptation? There's only one answer. Love.
I once heard a sermon where the preacher said Love is a person. His name is Jesus Christ. While I didn't understand it then, I do now. As I meander through this earthly life, I've realized that it is very hard to love. Family - yes, that's very easy. Friends - maybe some of them. But the rest of 'em all - oh dear!
What about loving God so much that for His sake we refuse to yield to temptation?
Is that possible?
Yes, but only if you accept that person who is love - Jesus Christ.
Lord, grant us grace that we may love You, through Your Son.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home